Madisonville is a community northeast of downtown Cincinnati that sits between Hyde Park, Oakley, Madeira, and Mariemont. With its proximity to so many other communities, it offers easy access to the nightlife, parks, restaurants, and recreation of these other parts of town. However, Madisonville also has plenty to offer of its own.
If you’re interested in what is happening within the community be sure to check out the Madisonville Community Council and Madisonville Community Urban Redevelopment Corporation. In addition, you can learn a bit about Madisonville’s history on the Wikipedia page. Within the community, you’ll find a conveniently located public library, a community recreation center, a popular bowling alley, and a new cinema right on the border of Oakley and Madisonville.
Families will find a variety of educational options in Madisonville. As a neighborhood of Cincinnati, residents have access to Cincinnati Public schools; Madisonville is home to both John P. Parker Elementary School (K-6) and Shroder High School . Madisonville also hosts a unique Mosaica Educational institution in Steam Academy of Cincinnati, which is available for students in Kindergarten through 5th grade. For children in grades 1-8, another option is The Children’s Home School. The Seven Hills School, also located in Madisonville, offers a non-religious private education for grades K-12. And finally, the Lighthouse Community School Inc is a local charter school.
As for food and entertainment, the neighborhood is chock full of local favorites. Options include:
- Millie’s Place – Offers very popular soul food.
- Izzy’s – Home of Izzy’s world famous Reuben, Madisonville boasts one of the largest locations of this popular Cincinnati establishment.
- Joe And Erin’s – A local American eatery.
- Dragon City – A Chinese restaurant that takes online orders and delivers throughout Madisonville.
- Mazunte Taqueria Mexicana – Artisan tacos and Mexican cuisine at its finest.
- Ali Baba Mediterranean Grill – A favorite spot for Mediterranean food, with many Yelp endorsements.
- Madison Diner – Madison Bowl is one of city’s most popular bowling alleys, and the diner that resides inside it is part of the experience.
- Cincinnati Dinner Train – This working train car has been converted into a luxury dining experience.
- C’est Cheese Food Truck – Not quite the same “meal on wheels” concept as the Dinner Train, but popular nonetheless. This food truck is known for its grilled cheese sandwiches.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Population: 9,668 (City-Data)
Median Age: 39
Median Home Price: $139,546 (Area Vibes)
Median Rent: $560 (City Data)
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Madisonville is 9% than the Cincinnati average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 17-20 minutes