Oakley is a large neighborhood on the east side of Cincinnati, bordering Hyde Park and Pleasant Ridge. You can find a lot of basic information on their official website, as well as the Wikipedia page. In addition, there is a great history of the Oakley available through the council website.
For families interested in education, Oakley has several options to choose from. As a neighborhood of Cincinnati, residents have access to Cincinnati Public Schools, including the prestigious Walnut Hills High School. If you’re looking for parochial schools, St. Cecilia School is conveniently located in Oakley. For alternative education, Oakley is home to Summit Academy Community School , which receives favorable reviews on many school assessments sites (Red Fin, School Digger, and Great Schools).
For recreation, the Oakley Rec Center is a nearby option. Oakley Square is the center of nightlife in Oakley (see some the highlights below); in addition to a variety of restaurants and shops, Oakley Square is home to the 20th Century Theater where many national artists come to perform. As for Cincinnati parks, Oakley shares multiple locations with Hyde Park, including the beloved Ault Park.
For food and entertainment, the neighborhood is vibrant and has a wide variety of options, including:
- Algamesis Brothers – A local ice cream and candy store that is the envy of many neighborhoods.
- Essencha Tea House – A one-of-a-kind tea house with a wide variety of teas from all over the world.
- Redtree Art Gallery and Coffee Shop – A unique combination of coffee shop and local art gallery.
- Sleepy Bee Cafe – The original location of this very popular breakfast and brunch restaurant.
- Madtree Brewing Taproom – “Carryout, bar, cafe, family hangout, club meeting… the MadTree taproom is a little bit of everything.”
- Rooted Juicery – Smoothies and cold-pressed juices made from scratch with organic ingredients.
- Oakley Pub & Grill – Bar and grill located in Oakley square. One of Cincinnati Magazine’s Top 10 Burgers!
- Mazunte – A unique restaurant with a menu inspired by Mexican street food.
- Green Papaya – A local favorite for sushi and Thai.
- Deeper Roots – Excellent local coffee shop that roasts all their own beans. They have also gained a favorable reputation for their iced coffee nitro.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 39
Median Home Price: $195,430
Median Rent: $721
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Oakley is 10.1% greater than the Cincinnati average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 14 – 19 minutes
Sources: Area Vibes