Hyde Park is a vibrant community on the east side of Cincinnati. Located a few miles northeast of downtown, it has great access to the city, although this community has plenty of its own to offer. GreatAmericanCountry.com ranks Hyde Park as one of its top 5 neighborhoods in Cincinnati. StreetAdvisor.com lists Hyde Park as its 4th best neighborhood in Cincinnati.
With a population over 13,000, Hyde Park is a great place for arts, entertainment, education, dining, and recreation. Hyde Park offers lots of beautiful housing and public settings; from its historic homes and buildings to its lively entertainment scene, it is a community where virtually anyone can find something they love.
For families, there is access to Cincinnati Public Schools with an elementary school right in Hyde Park. The adjacent neighborhood of Evanston is home to Walnut Hills High School, which US News ranks as one of the top schools in the state of Ohio. Hyde Park also is home to Clark Montessori High School, which has received favorable rankings from US News, as well as Withrow High School.
In addition, there are a number of parks nearby that families can enjoy, most notably Cincinnati’s beloved Ault Park in Mt. Lookout.
- Coffee Emporium – One of Cincinnati’s favorite coffee shops! It has a variety of food, a lot of charm, and lots of great coffee drinks.
- Carl’s Deli – Small deli with lots of great and unique sandwiches! It has won Cincinnati Magazine’s Best of the City.
- Arthur’s – Bar and grill famous for its “burger madness”.
- Green Papaya – A very popular Thai and sushi restaurant with a large menu that will accommodate almost anyone.
- Awakenings – Upscale coffee and tea shop by day, wine bar by night, and lots of live entertainment.
- Tellers – Located in an old bank renovated into a restaurant, you can even dine in the vault! Lots of great food, drinks, and a one-of-a-kind setting.
All in all, Hyde Park is a very popular neighborhood and with good reason! There is a lot here for you whether you’re a young professional, family, or retired.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 36
Median Home Price: $377,591
Median Rent: $758
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Hyde Park is 26% greater than the Cincinnati average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 12 – 16 minutes