The Village of Mariemont is a suburb of northeastern Cincinnati. Its official website gives a good overview, and Wikipedia also provides a synopsis. Area Vibes describes Mariemont as “Exceptionally Livable.”
For statistical information about Mariemont, Point 2 Homes offers a demographic analysis of the area, while Census Viewer provides a backlog of census data and Neighborhood Scout has some additional information.
With regard to education, Mariemont has its own public school system, which is highly rated. In 2014, Cincy Magazine gave Mariemont High School the top spot on its list of Cincinnati high schools. US News rated Mariemont High School as one of the top 10 schools in Ohio. According to Niche, Mariemont ranks as the 6th best (out of 96) public school district in Cincinnati. Cincinnati Business Courier also places it in its list of top 15 schools in Cincinnati. As for elementary schools, School Digger gave favorable ratings to both Terrace Park Elementary School and Mariemont Elementary School.
For recreation, there are quite a few parks accessible to residents of Mariemont, including: Mariemont Gardens Park, Dogwood Park, Dale Park, and Mariemont Wall Park. Additionally, residents have access to Mariemont Municipal Swimming Pool and a local public library.
You don’t need to travel outside of Mariemont for a variety of quality restaurants:
- The National Exemplar – A local favorite for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner that is built into the historic Mariemont Inn. It receives favorable reviews from TripAdvisor, Yelp, and others.
- Dilly – Bistro, Bar, and Bottleshop. A popular American eatery on TripAdvisor, Yelp, and Zomato.
- Mac’s Pizza Pub – Voted Best Pizza by Cincy Magazine.
- Fifty West Brewing – One of Cincinnati’s many breweries. Fifty West features a large open space with regular trivia, live music, and volleyball tournaments.
- Mango Tree – Thai and sushi just outside of the central business district.
- The Quarter Bistro – Has been praised by the Cincinnati Enquirer and Cincinnati Magazine for its menu, atmosphere, and service.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 38
Median Home Price: $364,900
Median Rent: $1,019
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Mariemont is 21% greater than the national average.