The city of Norwood, Ohio, despite being surrounded on every side by Cincinnati, is a distinct city and the second largest in Hamilton County. Much can be learned about it from the official website as well as the Wikipedia page. Point 2 Homes and Census Viewer offer lots of demographic data on the area, while Neighborhood Scout also provides a good deal of overview type information. Area Vibes rates Norwood as “extremely livable” with a composite score of 76.
Norwood is home to its own local school district. Comparative data regarding the school district can be studied at Town Charts. Norwood schools have received ratings from U.S. News & World Report, Great Schools, Neighborhood Scout, Niche, and Sperling’s Best Places. The parochial school options are similar to those of Oakley and Hyde Park. Xavier University is a private catholic school located in Norwood.
Within Norwood one can find Waterworks Park, Marsh Avenue Park and Lower Millcrest Park. Rookwood Commons & Pavilion are among the most popular shopping areas in all of Greater Cincinnati and they are located in Norwood.
For food and drink, residents can enjoy a wide array of options located within Norwood:
- Agave & Rye – A small chain of local restaurants that has a location in Rookwood (Norwood). It is a self-described tequila and bourbon hall with “Epic Tacos.”
- Gordo’s Pub & Grill – TripAdvisor’s #1 restaurant in Norwood.
- AJ’s Cheesesteaks – A Cincinnati spin on the Philadelphia classic! AJ’s offers a classic cheesesteak sandwich as well as a lot of fun variations.
- Sugar n’ Spice – Breakfast spot famous for its wispy thin pancakes and large collection of rubber ducks.
- Smoq & Water BBQ – BBQ sandwiches and ribs with a number of acclaimed side items.
- Listerman Brewing Company – A popular local brewery with its headquarters in Norwood.
- Betta’s Italian Oven – One of the most popular restaurants in Norwood on Zomato.
- Quatman Cafe – A local burger joint which boasts of the best burger in Norwood. Cincinnati Magazine agreed when they added Quatman’s to its list of best burgers in Cincinnati.
- Taste of Belgium – Breakfast and brunch place that is famous for its waffles.
- The Capital Grille – Steakhouse, seafood, and wine bar in the heart of Norwood.
Quick Facts for Renters (current as of 10/06/2020):
Median Age: 33.3
Median Home Price: $127,100
Median Rent: $1,141
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Norwood is equal to the Ohio average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 12-15 minutes, 30 via public transit.