Pleasant Ridge is a neighborhood on the northeast edge of the City of Cincinnati. Lots of helpful information can be found on their official website or on their Wikipedia page. Streetadvisor.com rates Pleasant Ridge as the third best neighborhood in Cincinnati. They say that the neighborhood is great for its “Neighborly Spirit, Parks & Recreation, Childcare, Public Transport, and Cost of Living.”
Pleasant Ridge is home to a very nice and highly accessible public library. It has a parking lot, is on two metro bus routes, and has several days with evening hours. Pleasant Ridge also features public pool, playgrounds, basketball courts, soccer and softball fields. Those who are interested in the arts will want to check out the Kennedy Heights Cultural Center.
Families have a number of educational options in Pleasant Ridge. In addition to access to Walnut Hills (Ohio’s top public high school), a Cincinnati Public Schools magnet school, options include Pleasant Ridge Montessori, which is highly touted by parents, and Kennedy Heights Montessori. Nativity School is another choice, for those seeking a religious educational experience. Pleasant Ridge also offers technologically based education at TCP World Academy.
As for food and entertainment, the neighborhood is home to several local favorites, including:
- Casa Figueroa – Casa Fig is known for its intimate setting, eclectic design, and of course, its food. A self-proclaimed, “Latin-inspired cuisine with a thoughtful focus on regional, non-GMO, minimally processed seasonal ingredients of the highest quality.”
- Revolution Rotisserie – They boast the world’s best rotisserie chicken and handcrafted pies. With a full-service bar this is a good destination for a full meal or just getting a drink with friends.
- Lonely Pine Steakhouse – An authentic Texas steakhouse in an intimate setting in the heart of the central business district.
- Nine Giant Brewing – A favorite amongst Cincinnati’s many breweries. Located centrally in Pleasant Ridge with easy access to food and entertainment.
- Gaslight Cafe – A family run neighborhood bar and grill that is a local favorite.
- The Coffee Exchange – A great community coffee shop in a new location that also features lots of excellent pastries. It has lots of space to spread out and work or group tables for meeting in a public place.
- The Loving Hut – A local vegan eatery with rave reviews!
- Pleasant Ridge Chili – The local late-night diner that features its own Cincinnati chili recipe as well as legendary gravy cheese fries.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 36
Median Home Price: $164,354
Median Rent: $640
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Pleasant Ridge is 5% greater than the Cincinnati average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 12 – 16 minutes