Pleasant Ridge is a neighborhood on the northeast edge of the City of Cincinnati. Lots of helpful information can be found on their official website or on their Wikipedia page. Streetadvisor.com rates Pleasant Ridge as one of the best neighborhoods in Cincinnati. They say that the neighborhood is great for its “Neighborly Spirit, Parks & Recreation, Childcare, Public Transport, and Cost of Living.”
Pleasant Ridge is home to a very nice and highly accessible public library. It has a parking lot, is on two metro bus routes, and has several days with evening hours. Pleasant Ridge also features newly renovated aquatic and recreation centers as well as a number of farmer’s markets and community gardens. Those who are interested in the arts will want to check out District A or the nearby and soon-to-be-completed Kennedy Heights Cultural Center.
Families have a number of educational options in Pleasant Ridge. In addition to access to Walnut Hills (Ohio’s top public high school), a Cincinnati Public Schools magnet school, options include Pleasant Ridge Montessori, which is highly touted by parents, and Kennedy Heights Montessori. Nativity School is another choice, for those seeking a religious educational experience. Pleasant Ridge also offers technologically based education at TCP World Academy.
As for food and entertainment, the neighborhood is home to several local favorites, including:
- Gaslight Cafe – A family run neighborhood bar and grill that is a local favorite.
- The Coffee Exchange – A great community coffee shop that also features lots of excellent pastries.
- The Loving Hut – A local vegan eatery with rave reviews!
- Pleasant Ridge Chili – The local late-night diner that features its own Cincinnati chili recipe as well as legendary gravy cheese fries.
- Emanu – East African cuisine that is unique not just to Pleasant Ridge but most of Cincinnati.
- Tacos Locos – An increasingly popular option for Mexican food on the east side of Cincinnati.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 37
Median Home Price: $160,346
Median Rent: $674
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Pleasant Ridge is 4% greater than the Cincinnati average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 12 – 16 minutes