Anderson is a township east of downtown Cincinnati. Lots of information can be found on its official website as well as Wikipedia. In addition, Sperling’s Best Places offers an overview of the township, while AreaVibes gives it a 76 overall and has a helpful breakdown for different areas of interest. City-Data provides a lot of raw information for any who are interested researching demographic information.
Forest Hills Local School District is the public education option in Anderson. The district is composed of five elementary schools, one middle school, and two high schools. As a whole, the district received a 5 out of 5 stars from SchoolDigger.com. Miami Valley Christian Academy is an alternate option for those interested in religious education; it offers K-12 education in a private, Christian environment. For those seeking alternative education methods, Cincinnati Waldorf School is accessible to residents of Anderson.
Since Anderson is its own township, it has its own parks department, and in fact, it has enough parks to warrant its own Yelp Top 10 list. At the top of that list are Woodland Mound (a Hamilton County park) and Beech Acres Park. In addition, Anderson has its own YMCA, and is home to one of the larger library branches in Cincinnati, as well as the Anderson Center, a large facility for weddings and other big events.
For food and entertainment, Anderson offers many options, including:
- Pelican’s Reef – A 20-year old seafood restaurant in the heart of Anderson.
- Arthur’s – One of Hyde Park‘s favorite restaurants, which expanded to Anderson.
- Taj India Cuisine – Indian food with an affordable lunch buffet. This restaurant has received favorable reviews from Yelp and Zomato, and has been praised by Cincinnati Magazine
- Kitchen 1883 – Boasts of being an eclectic melting pot of American cuisine with excellent reviews featuring everything from fish to meatloaf, pork tenderloin, and chicken and waffles.
- Urban Grill on Main – Located in Newtown, this restaurant has famous grilled mac ‘n cheese, hand crafted sandwiches, and some lighter options.
- Pin Toh Asian – Just off Beechmont Avenue is a small but well-reviewed Asian eatery particularly famous for great carry-out and Grubhub delivery options.
- Osaka Ramen House – As the name suggests it is famous for its ramen, but has a variety of rice-based Asian food as well. Also located off of Beechmont Avenue.
- Big Ash Brewing – A microbrewery and restaurant with lots of food with a great environment. Indoor and outdoor seating, curbside pickup, and home delivery available.
- Anderson also offers most of Cincinnati’s favorite chains, including LaRosa’s, Skyline, Izzy’s, Servatii, and United Dairy Farmers.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 41.2
Median Home Price: $230,800
Median Rent: $1,000 – 1,500
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Anderson is 6% greater than the Cincinnati average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 20-35 minutes