Clifton is one of Cincinnati’s most well-known neighborhoods as it has everything from historic buildings and famous restaurants to ESPN coverage of college football and basketball. There is a lot to love about Clifton, whether you are young and single or raising a family.
As for education, Cincinnati Public Schools offers several options right in Clifton: Fairview-Clifton German Language School (PK-6), William Howard Taft Elementary School (PK-6), which focuses on STEM curriculum, and Hughes STEM High School. Hughes also is well known for its beautiful and historic building. For those interested in religious education, the Annunciation Catholic School (K-8) offers a balance of religious education with technological training. Additionally, Cincinnati Junior Academy provides an alternate Christian educational option. Finally, the Clifton area is home to the University of Cincinnati. The school has an enrollment over 44,000 students, ranks in the top 75 public universities in the country, and has numerous programs ranked in the top 10 of their fields.
As for food and entertainment, the neighborhood is chock full of local favorites. Options include:
- PostMark – Farmhouse-inspired new American cuisine and a large wine selection in an intimate setting.
- Biagio’s Bistro – Classic Italian handmade dishes with gourmet desserts and wine.
- Ambar India – One of Cincinnati’s most popular Indian restaurants, also in the Clifton gaslight district.
- Skyline Chili – Perhaps the most famous of its many locations.
- Habanero – Authentic Latin American cuisine.
- Adriatico’s Pizza – Recently renovated and popular NY style pizzeria.
- Dewey’s Pizza – Popular local pizzeria in a unique setting.
- Cactus Pear – A Tex-Mex restaurant that has been a staple of the community for years.
- Whole Bowl – A Portland food truck company that has set up shop in Clifton’s gaslight district. It is the simplest menu you’ll ever find but healthy, delicious, and a bargain. It is carry-out only.
- Conscious Kitchen – A popular restaurant known for its healthy take on traditional American food.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 32
Median Home Price: $260,510
Median Rent: $743
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Clifton is 19% greater than the Cincinnati average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 13 – 15 minutes
Photo credit: Midwest New Media, LLC