Mt. Lookout is a neighborhood on the east side of Cincinnati. Lots of helpful information can be found on its official website or on their Wikipedia page. Streetadvisor.com reports Mt. Lookout as Clean & Green, Eating Out, Safe & Sound, Nightlife, and Parks & Recreation. Meanwhile, AOL Travel rates it as one of the five safest neighborhoods in Cincinnati.
A brief history of the community can be found on the community council website. Mt. Lookout is home to one of Cincinnati’s most beloved parks, Ault Park. It is also home to its own swim and tennis club. Mt. Lookout Square is a popular food and recreation scene for Cincinnatians. The residents of Mt. Lookout have a variety of great leisure activity options within their own community, but also are near the popular neighborhoods of Hyde Park and Oakley, and are a short drive from downtown Cincinnati.
Education is another great perk of Mt. Lookout. Families have access to Kilgour School (K-6), which received an 8 out of 10 rating on GreatSchools.org, as well as other Cincinnati Public Schools including renowned Walnut Hills High School. For private education, Mt. Lookout is home to St. Ursula Villa. Finally, Mt. Lookout is where you’ll find the Cincinnati Spanish School & Academy, which offers Spanish classes and tutoring to both children and adults.
As for food and entertainment, the neighborhood is home to many local favorites, including:
- Terry’s Turf Club – A Cincinnati icon with a flavorful menu of American foods.
- Zip’s Cafe – Arguably one of the best burgers and atmospheres in the Cincinnati food scene.
- Ramundo’s Pizzeria – Great NY style pizza for carry-out or delivery.
- Cloud 9 Sushi – Excellent sushi located right on Mt. Lookout square.
- Ichiban Japanese Cuisine – Boasts a full menu of Japanese food and is located in the heart of Mt. Lookout.
- Lookout Joe – A popular local coffee shop and roastery located right on Mt. Lookout Square.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 34
Median Home Price: $330,500
Median Rent: $950
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Mt. Lookout is 30.5% greater than the Cincinnati average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 14 – 18 minutes