Loveland is a city about 15 miles northeast of Cincinnati and is seen as part of the Greater Cincinnati area. Areavibes.com rates it as “Exceptionally Livable” and gives it an overall rating of 88 which exceeds the Ohio average of 75.
Loveland offers six public schools and four private. Areavibes rates Loveland’s education options as an “A+.” GreatSchools.org rates Loveland City Schools 7 out of 10. Zillow offers a rating of each individual school in the area. Private School Review offers a breakdown and comparison of the private school options in Loveland.
Loveland offers a variety of parks and trails for those who enjoy the outdoors. The 70-mile Loveland Bike Trail is a well known and popular attraction for the entire tristate area. Loveland also offers a good deal of recreation leagues for youth and places a high value on arts and culture, featuring art shows and theater each year. In addition to the grocery and convenience stores, there is also a weekly farmer’s market. Finally, there are several libraries in the neighborhood provided by three different counties.
- The Works – An old firehouse turned into a local pizza and calzone eatery.
- Holtman’s Donuts – Local store that boasts arguably the best donuts in Cincinnati.
- Loveland Dairy Whip – Local family-owned ice cream shop that has been in business for over 50 years.
- The Veg Head – An award-winning vegetarian fast food restaurant that emphasizes low impact, ecological food.
- Paxton’s Grill – An American eatery in the downtown Loveland that has made the top ten list for Yelp and UrbanSpoon users.
- Balance Cafe & Smoothies – A cafe offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and catering options and specializing in health food.
- Tano Bistro & Catering – This bistro offers a seasonal menu that always uses fresh ingredients.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 39.3
Median Home Price: $191,800
Median Rent: $1,122
Cost of Living: 3% below the national average
Average Commute to Downtown: 30-40 minutes
Check out the whole Better Know a Neighborhood series to learn more about Cincinnati’s diverse areas.