Loveland is a city about 15 miles northeast of Cincinnati and is seen as part of the Greater Cincinnati area. Areavibes.com rates it as “Exceptionally Livable” and gives it an overall rating of 88 which exceeds the Ohio average of 75.
For education, Loveland offers eight public schools and four private. Areavibes rates Loveland’s education options as an “A.” GreatSchools.org rates Loveland City Schools with an 8 out of 10 rating. Zillow offers a rating of each individual school in the area. According to Areavibes, “The average school test scores in Loveland are 33% higher than the national average.” Startclass.com offers a breakdown and comparison of the private school options in Loveland.
Loveland offers a variety of parks and trails for those who enjoy the outdoors. The 70-mile Loveland Bike Trail is a well known and popular attraction for the entire tristate area. Loveland also offers a good deal of recreation leagues for youth. The city partners with the Taft Museum for displays of public art throughout the area. In addition to the grocery and convenient stores, there is also a weekly farmer’s market. Finally, there are a good number of libraries provided by three different counties depending on which part of the area you’re in.
- The Works – An old firehouse turned into a local pizza and calzone eatery.
- Holtman’s Donuts – Local store that boasts arguably the best donuts in Cincinnati.
- Loveland Dairy Whip – Local family-owned ice cream shop that has been in business for over 50 years.
- The Veg Head – An award-winning vegetarian fast food restaurant that emphasizes low impact, ecological food.
- Paxton’s Grill – An American eatery in the downtown Loveland that has made the top ten list for Yelp and UrbanSpoon users.
- Balance Cafe & Smoothies – A cafe offering breakfast, lunch, dinner and catering options and specializing in health food.
- Tano Bistro & Catering – This Loveland bistro offers a seasonal menu that always uses fresh ingredients.
Quick Facts for Renters:
Median Age: 39.2
Median Home Price: $167,700
Median Rent: $799
Cost of Living: The cost of living in Loveland is 5% lower than the national average.
Average Commute to Downtown: 30-40 minutes